Your primary focus will be development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end.
You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your coworkers into the application. A basic understanding of front-end technologies is therefore necessary as well.
What you will be doing:
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Design and implementation of data storage solutions
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by a front-end developers with server side logic
- Participate actively in discussions, presentations and decisions about development of products.
- Collaborate with back-end developers and web designers to improve usability
- Get feedback from, and build solutions for, users and customers
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies necessary to meet project objectives.
- Keep the storyboards up to date (JIRA, Trello, etc).
- Report to the supervisor the status on the assign tasks.
- Generating ideas with team members and offering insightful solutions
- Selling ideas with confidence
What you need for this position:
- Working with a Cloud infrastructure (AWS). Managing servers, cloud based services.
- Experience in Node.js
- Proficient knowledge of a back-end programming language like Node.js, Ruby on Rails, PHP, C# or Java.
- Experience developing enterprise class systems with NoSQL/document-based data storage.
- Experience designing and developing APIs.
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent coding and digital development abilities
- The confidence to express ideas as part of a creative team
- A clear and genuine interest in technological trends
- The ability to meet deadlines and think strategically
- A passionate approach to work with a desire to push boundaries
- The ability to explain technical jargon to peers and The ability to build a website from start to finish to the highest standard