About us:Qrvey is the first and only embedded analytics platform built from the ground up to help SaaS companies generate more revenue and increase developer efficiency by simplifying the process of putting actionable insights in the hands of all their customers and users. Qrvey’s AWS-native platform delivers a complete embedded analytics layer, and is driven by a team with decades of experience in the analytics industry. Qrvey deploys into your cloud so you’re always in total control of your data and infrastructure, and Qrvey’s unique combination of data management, embedded analytics and embedded automation offer SaaS product leaders the ability to truly differentiate their products and increase their value to their customers.
Tysons Corner, VA or Remote anywhere in the United States
As Backend Developer, your primary focus will be development of all serverless backend logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end.
You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your coworkers into the application. A basic understanding of front-end technologies is therefore necessary as well.
- Own 1 or more serverless backend modules including the entire pipeline from development to deployment.
- Leverage AWS Native services to build highly scalable and secure systems as part of a platform.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Design and implementation of NoSQL data storage solutions
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by a front-end developers with server side logic
- Participate actively in discussions, presentations and decisions about development of products.
- Collaborate with back-end developers and web designers to improve usability
- Get feedback from, and build solutions for, users and customers
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies necessary to meet project objectives.
- Keep the storyboards up to date (JIRA, Trello, etc).
- Report to the supervisor the status of the assigned tasks.
- Generating ideas with team members and offering insightful solutions
- Selling ideas with confidence
Key Attributes for Success
- You have strong communication skills via phone and email
- You have a creative problem-solving approach and strong analytical skills
- You are a great teammate — someone who can collaborate, ingest good ideas from wherever they originate, and quickly build trust and mutual respect.
- You have a positive attitude, technical aptitude and the ability to execute (and improve on) our processes
- Working with Cloud infrastructure (AWS). Managing servers, cloud based services.
- Experience designing and developing APIs.
- Proficient knowledge of a back-end programming language like Node.js, Ruby on Rails, PHP, C# or Java.
- Experience developing enterprise class systems with NoSQL/document-based data storage.
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent coding and digital development abilities
- The confidence to express ideas as part of a creative team
- A clear and genuine interest in technological trends
- The ability to meet deadlines and think strategically
- A passionate approach to work with a desire to push boundaries
What We Offer
At Qrvey, we are passionate about building a modern, inclusive organization that excites our employees, customers and partners. People are core to our mission and our dedicated and talented team is one of the things colleagues rave about. We offer:
- Competitive salaries with generous incentive pay for performance
- Medical, dental and vision plans
- 401K retirement savings plan with company match
- A healthy dose of Trust - we're adults, no need to punch a clock or get approvals for errands etc
- A fast growing company that will enable all our team members to help shape and participate in this growth, as well as learn a ton from experienced entrepreneurs and operators.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume below and we'll review your information promptly. If you seem like a great fit, we'll be in touch to learn more and schedule an interview.