Senior QA Engineer
This role will utilize leadership skills, manual testing skills, database skills, and ability to work in a fast paced agile environment. It’s important for applicants to have a strong technical background working with databases and good communication skills.
What you will be doing:
- Work closely and provide support to backend developers.
- Review requirement specifications, identify gaps, determine testability, and testing implications.
- Design manual test scripts and participate in test plan reviews.
- Analyze the nature of bugs and direct them accordingly.
- Help troubleshoot issues.
- Review results of automated test runs.
- Perform functional, integration, and regression testing.
- Conduct post-release/post-implementation testing support.
- Work with other squads to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Work closely with Product Owners, QA Manager, and other QA Engineers on planning and executing tasks.
- Communicate about test status on a daily basis.
- Perform tasks under minimal supervision.
- Provide leadership to other QA Engineers.
- Work with Jira, Jenkins, and Bitbucket.
- Work in a fast paced environment where new versions of software are delivered every month.
What you need for this position:
- 5+ years of experience in manual testing.
- 5+ years working experience with NoSQL and SQL databases.
- Experience with the following databases preferred:
- Relational databases: Postres, MySql, Oracle, Sql Server, Snowflake, etc.
- Document databases: DynamoDB, MongoDB.
- Ability to understand complex data flows.
- Ability to design and execute performance testing.
- Experience working with AWS services: DynamoDB, Lambda, SQS, SNS, CloudWatch, Cost Explorer, EventBridge, API Gateway, IAM, Athena, ElasticSearch, S3, RDS.
- Experience creating and executing API tests.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Leadership skills.
- Ability to assess the scope of issues and their impact in order to establish severity.
- Experience developing and executing test plans, procedures, and creating test reports.
- Experience in Full Software Development Life Cycle, from requirements to release.
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills.
- Being a team player who is ready to contribute to the ever-growing success of the company.